Meet Dr. Goeckermann
After completing his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dr. Robert J. Goeckermann returned to the Milwaukee area where he spent his childhood and where his father practiced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He joined Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultants of Wisconsin, S.C. in 2012. He offers his patients the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial services including:
- Dental implants with comprehensive soft and hard tissue grafting
- Surgical removal of teeth, including wisdom teeth
- Corrective and reconstructive jaw surgery
- Surgical treatment of pathologic conditions
- Sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment
- TMJ diagnostic and surgical services
- Reconstructive trauma surgery
Dr. Goeckermann regularly attends continuing education to remain abreast of the latest developments in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He has a special interest in dental implant reconstruction, corrective jaw surgery, and oral pathology.
Like Dr. Nellen, Dr. Goeckermann attended Marquette University School of Dentistry. He then pursued his post-graduate residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he was Chief Resident. Throughout his oral surgery residency, Dr. Goeckerman was involved in research and presentations at various professional conferences.
He currently maintains his professional status as:
- Member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Wisconsin Dental Association
- Board Member of the Greater Milwaukee Dental Association
- Member of the American Dental Association
A sports enthusiast, Dr. Goeckermann is an associate member of Milwaukee Harlequins Rugby Football Club. He also enjoys running, mountain biking, scuba diving and playing the guitar. He and his lovely wife have three young sons.